Tuesday, June 13, 2006

meters & yards

not enough sleep.
not enough caffeine.

not enough time.

arrived on deck this morning to find redesigned pool: lane lanes now running perpendicular so we're swimming meters, not yards. my body's too accustomed to 15 strokes per lap; asking it to throw in 2-3 additional strokes totally throws me off my freestyle and i cannot do fly to save my life. we also lost our backstroke flags, so i yaw between the lane lines and then crumple into the wall.


whomever said "change is good" never had to confront it at 5am with insufficient sleep, caffeine & coordination.


brasilbrasil vs. croatia today. and nails in DC.
you're going to get what you deserve.

3 comments:

fatmammycat said...

I'm sorry, I read 5 am and started laughing. Then I read it again, same reaction, weird huh.

Anonymous said...

re:NIN reference -- the first time I heard that track on the radio, I thought it was Michael Stipe doing some angry solo project. Honest truth.

FINN said...

there's something to be said for the wee, dark hours FMC. fewer people and ringy-dingy phones for one thing.

but rather a moot point for someone who works off her own sked. :)

theo -- stipe and reznor? well, i guess they both "hurt"...