Friday, March 16, 2007

irish drinking songs, and cats

in honor of the wearin' of the green, here's marc gunn & the dubliners' tabby cats singing and mrowing irish drinking songs for cat lovers.

if you're a "wonderfully demented kitty cat fanatic," the Wild Kitty version of The Wild Rover may win you over with its charm and whimsy. you may delight in When Kitty Eyes are Smiling and Lord of the Pounce.

but if you're normal, like me, it's truly fucking horrible and you will want to drive pencils into your ears. and mr. gunn's mood-setting invitation to "imagine for a moment all of the crazy little things your cat does" works me into a murderous lather. crazy little things like that time begheera nearly clawed off my nipple when she took flight across the bed. ha ha funny crazy cat.

D's leaving tomorrow morning to climb in the adirondacks for 3 whole days. ah joy. because i have my own song that i sing the second his tail-lights fade:

outdoor kitties sing this song
doo-dah, doo-dah
outdoor kittes all day long
dum-di-dee-doo-da-day
[to the tune of camptown races]

me and the GaySquad to see the Pogues tonight in philly -- if shane can keep his shit together that is.

3 comments:

Subhangi Arvind said...

I wuite like casts, yes, but I can separate them from my musical sensibilities, thankyouverymoishe.

And wow, you're gonna see the Pogues. I've heard only one song of theirs, but I'd like to hear more.

Oh, and I know the camptown races. All through da day ....

Subhangi Arvind said...

holy crap. I mean, I "quite like cats." I must be internalising McGowan.

fatmammycat said...

Have a great evening at the concert missus.