Tuesday, April 17, 2007

personal shout-outs

happy birthday, mayra!

FMC, if RATM, DM and lars carried you through BUPA, check out 10,000 Days. the whole album is perfect to run/ride to -- that signature Tool meaty, rolling bassline just carries you down the road, and this album's more hook-y than earlier ones. you might hate maynard's voice, though. D claims he sounds like the dude from Stryper which begs the question why he's listening to Stryper in the first place but that's neither here nor there.

listen to the title track, which despite the quintillion times i've heard it still gives me goosebumps.

finally, subhangi i tracked down this little gem for you. enjoy, or be annoyed.

8 comments:

fatmammycat said...

That chap sounds like the lead singer from System of a Down does he not?

FINN said...

a bit like the spiders-flavored SOAD, but i'd call that a Tool imitation anyway. maynard's more dulcet & deep, less shrill IMO.

fatmammycat said...

I"ve given that a few listens now and it's a real hill song. I'll iPod it and test that sucker out on thursday. Although nothing and I mean NOTHING beats metallica's Frantic for that teeth clenching burst of determination.

Subhangi Arvind said...

Thanks muchly for the video, Finn. You're a sweetie.

(caaaareful hugs) (incase you're still sore from the run)

addon said...

for one reason only i wished i still worked - so i would have time to do all this blogging, in my last job, until they noticed, i spent the morning on my own web works. no time now. something wrong here.

do you achieve anything meaningful at work, finn and i mean that in the nicest way ... your blogs are wonderful and so good. maybe you can type real fast.

thanks for all these blogs and bits and for noticing my 365 day thing at flickr, why am I doing that i ask myself but get no answer.

Mayrasmom said...

Thanks for the shout out for Mayra. We ditched work/daycare yeserday for a MOmmy and Me day. Then I conned my whole family into serious mind numbing at Chuck E Cheese last night.
Way worse than a hangover-
K

FINN said...

glad to hear it, kath. you let me know if/when you need a break from Dora the Explorer, and we'll go out and do grownup stuff, whatever that is. i can't think of anything grownup that appeals right now.

adam, "meaningful" is relative, isn't it. if meaningful = making a strong pot of ass coffee then i'm most meaningful indeed. thx for the rec.

subh, you're most welcome. sorry it's so dark.

FMC, i will give your "frantic" a spin.

fatmammycat said...

But only on hills, you've gotta trust me on this.