Thursday, January 31, 2008

barak obama is muslim, or Why the Fuck Should it Matter

the NYT is running a comment thread inspired by a CBS poll which asked the presidential candidates to select ONE book they consider essential to take to the White House, **other than the Bible**.

readers are asked to propose their shortlist of books that a would-be president should read before tackling the country's economic and financial state.

my favorite response so far is the following:

A good start (for America) would be:

1. The God Delusion, by Richard Dawkins, &
2. God is Not Great, by Christopher Hitchens

All else follows…

— Posted by GC Ross


and look, you don't even have to read the book -- the cliff notes are in
this 5min video.

5 comments:

fatmammycat said...

The World according to Garp. and The Lucifer Effect, It would explain so much about human nature.

finn said...

yes i think you've nailed it. i was thinking People of the Lie but you are au courant... i.e., studded with currants.

my head is foggy with work. how did it get to be thurs already. fucking hell.

fatmammycat said...

I don't know, I've having a time warp of my own. Apart from the gym and some sleeping I feel like I haven't exactly left this spot. This must be how my mother feels when she's in front of the cake bin.
If I had a camera handy I'd take photo of the front of my Dapple, it is a a veritable bunting wall of stickies.

addon said...

work hard ladies ha ha ha

finn said...

not
a
good
time.